Councilmember Bob Blumenfield joined Warner Center Association Board members during their May 2014 meeting for a rousing talk about Los Angeles’ future. Focusing in on specific strategies, the Councilmember shared his six goals for improving our City:
1. Getting the City’s fiscal house in order
2. Harnessing growth opportunities
3. Removing obstacles to growth – Changing the way Los Angeles does business
4. Building out infrastructure – Particularly transportation networks and the LA Broadband Initiative
5. Thinking differently to modernize the City – Utilizing Open Data; the Los Angeles River as a 51-mile linear park
6. Listening and engaging with the community – BobCAT (Community Action Team) and Neighborhood Council involvement
Finally, with a nod to WCA’s contributions to the recently passed Warner Center 2035 Plan, Councilmember Blumenfield highlighted the Plan as a great example of a forward-thinking Plan that encourages positive development in the City of Los Angeles.
For more information about Councilmember Blumenfield, please click here.